Wedding Beauty: You On Your Best Day
If you’re not prepping for the biggest day of your life, you’re ensuring your skin is on point for someone else’s. Summer brings wedding fever, and with it the dilemma of which skincare to turn to for the event. Here are our top picks from #brandstotrust.
Schedule some facials for the six months before – we love Lisa Franklin for radiant glow. Do a double cleanse on the morning of. Look to Argentum Apothecary for a does-it-all effect, in a soap bar format that is compact enough for a wash-kit, using colloidal silver to really deep-clean your face with anti-bacterial properties.
A step many of us miss, toning helps re balance your skin’s pH levels and remove the last vestiges of dust and impurities from your skin. Designed to reduce redness, our Positive-Luxury approved brands will have you photo-ready with deeply-hydrated skin.
SPF is key, especially if it’s a destination wedding. Opt for a mineral-based formula, that contain 15-20% zinc oxide, that gives you the most effective full-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES…
Here are our top tips for make-up and hair on the day:
- Photos last forever – opt for a classic, more enhanced version of your natural self so that your make-up looks timeless.
- Always book a trial with a make-up artist and don’t be afraid to give feedback. Bringing a vision or inspirational images makes sure you get the perfect look you desire.
- Light touch-ups might be needed throughout the day, so make sure you pack a small compact that you can pat on the T-zone.
- Avoid primers and SPF that aren’t mineral-based, as this will give flashback in the photographs…
- …That being said, make sure you test the make-up with and without the camera flash before the day itself.
- Arrive at the hair salon with second-day hair, if you’re wanting an up-do with ultimate staying power.
Like what you see? Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest in positive living. If you’ve enjoyed our feature on wedding beauty, you might also like to read ‘A Truly Signature Scent: How To Find Your Perfect Perfume’ and ‘Glow ON’